Sunday, January 16, 2022

1/15/22

 Today we got up and decided to go back to the estate sale. Rody went first and got the lens for Isaacs camera and a couple other things. Then Peyton and I went. I got a roll of electric tape and a box cutter for 25 cents, and little old bottle that said Pfizer for 10 cents. I also got this safe for $3.50. Everything was 75% off today, that's why everything was so cheap. The safe was back behind some wood and under a table saw. I don't even know what made me dig it out. I didn't know it was a safe till I got home, I just thought it was like a little steel cabinet. I had to carry it up half the basement steps by myself, while a bunch of guys just looked the other way. About half way up the steps, I felt like I was going to faint, it was so heavy to carry by myself. I was going one step at a time but it was so hard. Then the guy that worked there started helping me. After he realized I couldn't do it anymore, he told me he would get it the rest of the way. I was breathing so hard. I paid for it and then went home to get my car. When I came back I saw a guy and his daughter lifting a Curio cabinet in the driveway. I got right in there and helped them, they were so appreciative, it was very old and I could see the girl was struggling. I definitely knew, after my experience on the steps, that I was going to help, like I wanted help! They told me thankyou and the guy asked if I needed help carrying anything out. I said no, even though I wanted so bad to say yes. Luckily I only had to go down the porch steps, and down the driveway. Haha I got it down the driveway, but not without a struggle. Got it in the car and when I got home, I definitely had Rody help me get it in the house. It took me 2 hr's to clean it up. It had a circle burn spot on top that I had to sand down and the whole thing was covered in some really sticky grease. I cut my fingers in 3 different spots. I used sharpie markers to blend in the top. It was a circle of white in the upper left corner where the burn was and a big scrape down the middle. I can hardly tell now. Wish I would of taken a before picture. When I first got it home, I didn't even know it looked like wood, it was so dirty and had yellow paint all over it.

my battle wounds lol the one under my finger hurts really bad. My fingernails are still dirty from the black stuff that I was scraping off of it.





I love this old combination lock.
I looked it up and I found a few that sold for $525 and up. I love it!
Here is a picture of the top, where the burn and the scrape were. In person, if you didn't know, its pretty unnoticable.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of my find. For $3.50, it was supposed to be $3.75 but I didn't have a 3rd quarter haha

Peyton dancing for me, haha she doesn't know that I got a pic of her.

I decided to look up the little plastic doll. I found out she is a 1920's German Doll House Doll. Pretty neat that she is 100 old doll, held together by strings for 100 years...wow!


And the Pfizer bottle is from 1956. It was a psychotherapeutic agent used to treat schizophrenia. I just thought it was cool since I had the Pfizer booster.  

(I didn't open this bottle until Sunday, but inside was clip on earrings blanks. The kids both loved clipping them to their ears. And of course I didn't get any pics.)


After dinner, Isaac started coughing really hard and a ton. I thought he might have a fever the way he was acting, he could barely stand up. No fever.

We watched 3 Medicine Woman Episodes tonight. Then read the Bible.

During Medicine Women, Isaac started feeling pretty horrible. I gave him some cough syrup, and then had him get in the shower so he could breathe in the steam, he sounded horrible. The steam helped a lot, he stayed in there for about 40 minutes. After the shower he went to sleep he was coughing much less. I was really worried about him and kept checking on him.

We were so bummed, Adam was supposed to come spend the night tomorrow, now that Isaac is sick, we have to make it another night. And to make it even worse, I found out Jacob had planned on coming too...double bummer!!! Adam and I had planned on opening my Saginaw-opoly and were going to play it.

I cleaned up the house and did laundry and then went to bed.

Talked to Kimmy a lot today, and mom a couple times too. Mom and dad are in Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6/3/23

 Today we went to Kenzies. Rody hasn't been to her house yet so I was excited for him to go there. He was coming with us so he could loo...