Sunday, January 16, 2022

1/16/22

 Got up and watched church online this morning, while the kids watched kids church online in our room.

After church, I started working on a groundhog I have to make for work. Everyone is supposed to make a groundhog and then Diane is going to pick a winner. I decided I wanted to make mine out of a sweater from Goodwill.




I just cut up the sweater and (horribly) sewed a body, arms, legs, and ears, and then filled each piece with stuffing from a old pillow. Then 2 buttons for the eyes, and I sewed the nose with black yarn and the teeth with white yarn. Then I used a silver metallic sharpie to color lighter spots on his face and belly and a little above the eyes. It looks a lot better in person haha. Peyton asked if I would make her one lol. I think it turned out pretty cute.

I washed Peyton's hair and then took her to choir practice. Then I went to Kohls to drop off a return from Amazon. They gave me $5 store credit, so I went all over looking for something for $5. No luck, just as I was about to leave, I saw this cute sweatshirt. It was the last one in my size. It was on sale for $12.50, and then I got $5 off with my coupon, and then the guy gave me an additional 15% off. It ended up being $5 something. 

Rody went and picked up Peyton. Rody and Isaac ate pizza and Peyton and I ate broccoli and cheesy rice and pasta...our favorite.

I got some laundry done and then we watched Medicine Women. Then we read the Bible, of course the kids wanted to keep reading. We read where Jacob wrestled with God and had to go meet Esau. I can't wait to read tomorrow night. It is so good!!!

Isaac has felt much better today. Still coughing and a runny nose but not as bad as last night and he was up and about today. Thank God!
The kids went to bed and I caught up on my blog and now I have to fold some laundry and get to bed.
O mom sent me this pic of dad today, so funny,
 and this pic of mom with her ride haha




Cant wait for them to be home safe tomorrow. I sure miss them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

6/3/23

 Today we went to Kenzies. Rody hasn't been to her house yet so I was excited for him to go there. He was coming with us so he could loo...