Wednesday, January 19, 2022

1/18/22

 Went to work today and it was meatball and mashed potatoes day. I ate some before I went home and saved some for tomorrow after work. I cant wait!

I had a bad day at work because I got yelled at by my boss. She is a very sweet person and a great boss, but today she must of been having a bad day because she yelled at me for something that wasn't even my fault.

I'm the cashier and my lunch lady Amy ran out of fries, which I didn't know, because with all the loud kids I cant hear anything going on even a few feet away from me. I'm standing right next to the kids and I can't even hear them say their names most of the time. Anyway, my boss tells Amy to stop the kids while she goes and gets some mashed potatoes. After she leaves, Amy tells the kids if they dont want to wait for mashed potatoes, to go ahead and go through the line. Basically all the kids kept going because they didn't want to wait for the mashed potatoes. And when my boss came back with the mashed potatoes, there weren't any kids. So all those potatoes got wasted. Well Amy came up to me and said she got yelled at, and I asked her why and she told me. So while I'm doing dishes, my boss asked me to come in the office, and the other cashier was in there too. She starts yelling at us and tells us that if she says to stop the kids when she is going to get more food, not to let the kids go through the line. I tried to tell her that I had no idea she said to stop the kids. She wouldn't even listen to me. She just kept yelling. She was so mad. I tried again to say that if someone doesn't tell me to stop the line, how am I supposed to know to stop the line. Again she wouldn't let me talk. I didn't even get to say anything. I was so sad that she would think I wouldn't listen to her. Even when I don't agree with her, I always listen and do what I'm told because she's the boss. After all this I had to go eat my mashed potatoes and meatballs. I felt so mad, and sad, and I felt like crying. I hate being yelled at for something I had no clue about. But more than that, I hate not having the chance to explain myself. Turned out to be an annoying day.

Got home and wasn't feeling amazing so I took a nap. Lucy barked the whole time so I didn't get any good sleep. 

Got up and Rody ordered Buffalo Wild Wings for us. Our order got messed up, so I called and they are sending us a gift card for the amount of our whole order. At least one of the hamburgers was right, it just had tomatoes on it. I ate it with the tomatoes and it was good. Tasted just like a Rally's burger lol. Rody had some sort of spicy chicken with spicy sauce and cabbage, peppers, pickles, and purple onion on his. He said it was super hot, but he ate it and said it was good. I'm not really sure what the kids had but Isaac got onion rings and didn't like them. And they forgot the kids drinks.

We cleaned up the house and did some laundry and then watched a Medicine Woman and then read the Bible and the kids went to bed. 

I took this picture of Peyton in her pj's from Grammy, and Isaac came out and wanted me to take a picture of him. Haha he's so cute




Melissa called and we talked for a while. She told me that she drove to Mom and Dad's tonight. What a miracle she is. I love how God uses her to show us He is still working. Other ways too, but she is just such a walking miracle, I look at her and I am always reminded of the miracles God has done in her life. 



After the kids were in bed Mom texted me that her brother my Uncle John died, he was only 70 and he died on his birthday. Sad news, even though I didn't really know him. I got on Facebook and saw this picture of him. I'm amazed at how much I think he looks like my grandpa.




2 comments:

  1. Dear Vikki. Yes, you had a stinky day. Today think of something good to fill your mind. The gift of children might be a suggestion. I call stinky days, Covid days. The whole world is a bit off center with Stinky grouchy Covid Days. We must store those events away and replace those events with good thoughts and good deeds. It would seem that your supper might have gotten it's start in another bad stinky Covid influenced environment. Let's remember that the sun is shining even though we can't see it. Love you bunches. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had all this going on, but still always brighten my day and the day of those around you. Those are such cute pictures of the kiddos. I am sure missing them! I am thankful for how God used Melissa to show us His love and his miracle power. She has the best outlook and such great faith in God. What a wonderful example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

6/3/23

 Today we went to Kenzies. Rody hasn't been to her house yet so I was excited for him to go there. He was coming with us so he could loo...